12/11/2011

What to do? English is not my native language!

owh wait.. i already updated my blog *and yess.. havent finished my assignment yet* but this is just too precious to not to be posted.. XD ahahaha.. im bragging, but well then, lemme give ya an extra update, cuz after this, im goin to take a long hibernation..
uhmm so yeah... i already reblogged this on tumblr:
English is not my native language
So everytime I type something wrong or use the wrong word or the wrong tempus or grammar etc. I always get paranoid that someone who has english as their native language, will read what I wrote and spot all the mistakes I made and think, “Is she stupid or something??” or “Damn, her english is horrible, I am never going to speak to her”.
ahaha yeah.. thats really what i feel when i post something in english.. yeah, just look at me, born and raised in an isolated island!! OTL.. *im sucha stupid though, ikr* but then somebody reblogged it again and she added:
Oh my goodness, I wish all the people whose native language is not English wouldn’t feel this way. I truly and sincerely think it’s amazing how fluently people learn second languages and thereby attain the capacity to converse (what seems to me to be) incredibly easily with native speakers. As an English Lit major, let me tell you, English is a seriously messed up language. And I can guarantee you that 99.9% of all native speakers struggle with grammar and spelling every day, because really English grammar and spelling rarely make any sense whatsoever. “WHERE DOES THE COMMA GO?” “DOES THIS WORD TAKE ‘BY’ OR ‘FROM’ AS ITS PREPOSITION?” “IS IT AN ‘-ANT’ OR ‘-ENT’ ENDING?” “WHAT IS THE PLURAL OF MOOSE?!” I ask myself questions like this every day and I’ve been speaking English my whole life, haha. So don’t worry, non-native speakers, you’re amazing. Seriously. And if anyone thinks you’re stupid for grammar mistakes, then they’re not worth talking to anyway.
then i was just like...
omg.. i love you Isabell... <3

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rainy Martini said...

well me I hate those people who criticizes everyone's grammar. English is ever-evolving and there are actually different... subcategories to the language. Like, say, Singlish. it's not the perfect English "standard" but there's not saying that it's wrong grammar either . it depends upon the culture i guess.

December 13, 2011 at 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Runni said...

so true!! i totally agree with you.. :)

December 13, 2011 at 5:36 PM  

Read this first before proceeding, cause it's important.
So this is how i roll, mate.
1. You don't spam on my comment section.
2. You don't ask for something under my property (for example, codes or photos).
3. You don't come and object all the shits i said in my posts, cause it's MY opinion and thinking.
4. You don't bitch around like you do on other websites.
5. Last of all, be nice. Cause i will give you twice whatever you give to me.

Post a Comment